We are looking for an authentic and astute Front End Developer with a passion for Cath Kidston.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Cath Kidston is a very British brand that always looks on the bright side of life. With a glass-so-full-it’s-spilling-over-the-sides approach and a playful humour, we started in 1993 with a small shop in West London selling car boot finds and vintage fabric, and now have adventures all over the world.
For nearly 30 years, our hand-drawn prints have set alight the hearts and minds of the Great British public – and beyond – making us a household name. We like to think of our products as portable sunshine, lifelong reminders to find the extraordinary in the everyday.
As we leap into a new era of Cath Kidston, we’re looking for the right people to help us make it all happen.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Front End Developer to support the ecommerce team with trading based homepage and content page builds in line with creative & messaging requirements. Working alongside our Digital Designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent and on brand. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This role is 40 hours per week, Full time, working remotely.
- Working with design and trading teams to build and launch site content in line with creative & messaging timelines
- Being the point of contact for internal teams to drive forward both ecommerce and digital marketing optimisation
- Driving forward AB testing roadmap ensuring a continual program of testing and development
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages
- Experienced in analysing and improving performance, Usability and Accessibility.
- Degree in Computer Science or related with experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT & Bitbucket.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Able to build, schedule and deploy AB tests.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
You must have the Right to Work in the UK