We are looking for an authentic and astute Sourcing Manager with a passion for Cath Kidston.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Cath Kidston is a very British brand that always looks on the bright side of life. With a glass-so-full-it’s-spilling-over-the-sides approach and a playful humour, we started in 1993 with a small shop in West London selling car boot finds and vintage fabric, and now have adventures all over the world.
For nearly 30 years, our hand-drawn prints have set alight the hearts and minds of the Great British public – and beyond – making us a household name. We like to think of our products as portable sunshine, lifelong reminders to find the extraordinary in the everyday.
As we leap into a new era of Cath Kidston, we’re looking for the right people to help us make it all happen.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You’ll report into the Head of Sourcing and will be responsible for implementing the direct source global sourcing strategy.
This role is 40 hours per week, Full time, working flexibly in hybrid style.
You’re a natural conversationalist, with a passion for Sourcing and Product Development, and a welcoming warmth. An expert communicator, you exceed expectations and are quick to do everything you can to deliver on them. You take the responsibility of being the brains of our much-loved brand to heart, with a ‘digital-first’ mentality and a keen eye for opportunities to go the extra mile.
- Work closely with Product Development and Commercial teams to transform design ideas into bulk production
- Continuously search for industrial knowledge and innovation in Sustainability, Materials and Trims, Fabric and Product.
- To implement direct source global sourcing strategy, managing the allocation of orders strategically and tactically.
- To work through opportunities and challenges in fabric and trim MOQs and ratings.
- To manage bulk fabric and trim bookings with allocated mills and suppliers.
- Identify and tackle potential technical production issues during the development stage.
- Achieve cost efficiency during product development through cost breakdown analysis.
- Drive costing exercises with suppliers, obtaining and negotiating costs in a timely manner, driving target margins.
- Capacity planning, order follow up; resolve production issues (with QA Manager) and ensure on time delivery through robust Critical Path planning.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance / Technical team to ensure standards and requirements are met.
- Manage supplier relationships through performing supplier visits and supplier evaluation.
- Resolve operational challenges in a timely manner while working to continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures.
- Operates in line with, and helps to ensure suppliers adhere to global ethical and sustainability requirements. Helps to facilitate new Sustainability initiatives and requirements.
- 5-10 years of experience in sourcing and product development.
- China, India and Turkey experience would be an advantage.
- Strong product knowledge and understanding of Fashion and Accessories manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively under pressure.
- Well-organized, systematic, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead and manage subordinates that perform operational tasks and follow up.
- Travel requirements to India, Turkey and Far East (covid restrictions dependant).
You must have the Right to Work in the UK