We are looking for an authentic and astute Quality & Compliance Manager with a passion for Cath Kidston.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Cath Kidston is a very British brand that always looks on the bright side of life. With a glass-so-full-it’s-spilling-over-the-sides approach and a playful humour, we started in 1993 with a small shop in West London selling car boot finds and vintage fabric, and now have adventures all over the world.
For nearly 30 years, our hand-drawn prints have set alight the hearts and minds of the Great British public – and beyond – making us a household name. We like to think of our products as portable sunshine, lifelong reminders to find the extraordinary in the everyday.
As we leap into a new era of Cath Kidston, we’re looking for the right people to help us make it all happen.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You’ll report into the Head of Sourcing and will be responsible for ensuring suppliers understand Cath Kidston quality, technical and compliance requirements.
This role is 40 hours per week, Full time, working flexibly in hybrid style.
You’re a natural conversationalist with a passion for compliance and a welcoming warmth. You exceed expectations and are quick to do everything you can to deliver on them. You take the responsibility of being the brains of our much-loved brand to heart, with a ‘digital-first’ mentality and a keen eye for opportunities to go the extra mile.
- Operate as a global Quality Assurance Manager, ensuring collaboration and maintaining integrity of the brand.
- Work with Sourcing Manager, Product Development and Commercial teams in multi-product departments such as Fashion, Bags, Accessories, and Home.
- Ensures suppliers understand Cath Kidston quality, technical and compliance requirements.
- Operates in line with, and ensure suppliers adhere to global ethical and sustainability requirements. Helps to facilitate new Sustainability initiatives and requirements.
- Manage end to end process of new supplier assessment and set-up.
- Oversee supplier product development to ensure they meet technical specifications, quality standards and compliance requirements and that they are production capable.
- Management of supplier inspection programs.
- Assessment and capacity building of supplier in-house testing facilities.
- Supplier management (all compliance requirements).
- Review of testing and inspections data/findings, building learnings into future product and supplier development.
- Working with 3rd party testing houses and managing cost implications.
- Technical critical path management to ensure product delivery.
- Monitoring return rates and industry norms for different product areas, and working with PD manager to implement product changes to improve return rates.
- Manages commercial impact of quality/safety and compliance issues.
- Manage quality issues raised by stores, customers and international partners.
- Ensure product packaging briefs are compliant and in line with product test results.
- 5-10 years of experience in the technical, testing and quality industry.
- Relevant technical degree/qualifications or deep hands-on experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good team player.
- Well-organized, systematic, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Appreciation of the retail product development environment.
- Solid understanding of relevant product standards requirements for product categories.
- Good understanding of supply chain and production and able to travel to different locations visiting factories, logistics centers and supplier partners.
- Understanding of global quality and safety requirements; with focus on EU, UK, US, Hong Kong, Middle East, South Korea and Japan.
- A working knowledge of ethical compliance.
You must have the Right to Work in the UK