We are looking for an authentic and astute Product Developer - Apparel with a passion for Cath Kidston.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Cath Kidston is a very British brand that always looks on the bright side of life. With a glass-so-full-it’s-spilling-over-the-sides approach and a playful humour, we started in 1993 with a small shop in West London selling car boot finds and vintage fabric, and now have adventures all over the world.
For nearly 30 years, our hand-drawn prints have set alight the hearts and minds of the Great British public – and beyond – making us a household name. We like to think of our products as portable sunshine, lifelong reminders to find the extraordinary in the everyday.
As we leap into a new era of Cath Kidston, we’re looking for the right people to help us make it all happen.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You’ll report into the Product Development Manager and will be responsible for supporting the Design & Sourcing teams in tracking the development of print materials and products from design to final samples. Manages communication and system needs related to product and material specifications and product costs on a seasonal basis. Responsible for final samples’ meeting material and cost targets, tech pack delivery and skyline of product detail prior to production.
This role is 40 hours per week, Full time, working flexibly in hybrid style from Piccadilly.
You’re a natural conversationalist with a passion for developing products and a welcoming warmth. An expert communicator, you’re adept at building relationships, you exceed expectations and are quick to do everything you can to deliver on them. You take the responsibility of being the face of our much-loved brand to heart, with a ‘digital-first’ mentality and a keen eye for opportunities to go the extra mile.
You’re commercially focused, with a strong grasp on KPI’s and how you personally deliver and maximise your department’s targets.
• Manages the handover of clean specs to Agent or factory on behalf of Design; communicates daily with Sourcing or Agents on questions and changes to specs, standards and assists on interpreting design needs.
• Tech Pack creation and manage updates.
• Management of fit sessions.
• For Print & Trim areas, organize and manage colour matrix, approval tracking and coordination of inputs across areas in order to meet deadlines and range targets
• Log all approvals, ensuring this is up to date at all times and in line with the GTM calendar
• Prepare and send new material briefs and print techniques a requested in detail by the design team – providing approximated costings during developments.
• Management of product from development to production working in conjunction with PD Manager and QA manager.
• Collate and consolidate sample yardage order information
• Manage sample budget and tracking – updating and working with PD manager and Sourcing Manager,
• Develop and maintain the sample library and well as material library.
• Participate in costing discussions and drive to meet target margins working with PD manager and Sourcing Manager.
• Upload and maintain up-to-dated product costs onto system
• Trim/colour card and PAS sheet approvals for new products; maintain information in system
• Coordinates and ensures that all the systems are updated and matching
• Create efficiencies to increase in-take margin
• Manage execution of all GTM Calendar development activities and drive accountabilities across all phases of development to ensure dates are met
• On-time delivery of key GTM milestones associated with materials, print and product development targets,
• On time CP delivery
• Sample budget management, in partnership with Buying
• BOM validation completion in timely manner
• Proven industry experience in product development
• Experience of garment fitting and construction.
• Understanding of the manufacturing process, capabilities and materials.
• A strong understanding of the development process, including the impact of costings and target margins.
• Solid knowledge of technical specifications
• Experience with Adobe Illustrator preferred
• Basic computer (MS Office) proficiency.
• Experience of PLM systems preferred.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Organised and efficient – ability to multi-task and prioritise.
• Good communication skills with experience of liaising with different internal and external parties.
• Highly self-motivated with a good capacity to work well with a team and build relationships across departments.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Flexible attitude to change.
You must have the Right to Work in the UK