We are looking for an authentic and astute Financial Controller with a passion for Cath Kidston.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Cath Kidston is a very British brand that always looks on the bright side of life. With a glass-so-full-it’s-spilling-over-the-sides approach and a playful humour, we started in 1993 with a small shop in West London selling car boot finds and vintage fabric, and now have adventures all over the world.
For nearly 30 years, our hand-drawn prints have set alight the hearts and minds of the Great British public – and beyond – making us a household name. We like to think of our products as portable sunshine, lifelong reminders to find the extraordinary in the everyday.
As we leap into a new era of Cath Kidston, we’re looking for the right people to help us make it all happen.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You’ll report into the CFO and will be responsible for all Financial control, transactions and process best practice across the finance team and wider business. Leading the transactional finance team and managing all day-to-day finance operations.
This role is 40 hours per week, Full time, working flexibly in hybrid style from Central London.
You’re a natural conversationalist with a passion for finance and a welcoming warmth. The role is broad, suiting an autonomous individual who also enjoys working in teams and across the whole business to progress reporting, processes and controls in an ever-evolving environment.
You’re commercially focused, with a strong grasp on KPI’s and how you personally deliver and maximise your department’s targets.
• Manage and mentor the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll team members (3 people), reporting directly to the CFO
• Work very closely with the Senior Finance Manager and Management accountant on the Commercial Finance team
• Driving change through reviewing, leading, and implementing the internal control framework both within the finance function, as well as the wider business
• Oversee the finance team month end process and controls, to ensure a smooth and robust process with adequate controls, and creating efficiencies and continuously improving resource requirement and reporting output.
• Ownership of final management accounts pack ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant accounting standards, and reviewing all balance sheet reconciliations.
• Oversee and manage treasury activities including preparation of weekly cash flow forecast and monitoring of cash availability and needs
• Management of the Accounts Receivable and Purchase Ledger teams and timely payment of all processes and controls within their functions
• Management of the Payroll Manager and timely payment and Payroll reporting, and payroll forecasting
• Lead the Year-End process, including the year end audit, all tax-related matters, and the statutory accounts
• Accountability for all Tax matter including all VAT and PAYE compliance and reporting
• Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Experience of managing junior team members
• A team player who enjoys change
• Effective communication skills at all levels of the organisation
• Excellent time management and organisation skills
• Strong Microsoft excel knowledge
• Experience of working in all areas of management reporting in a high-volume environment, preferably retail
• Experience within a private equity backed business
• Experience of using Xero finance system and tableau reporting
You must have the Right to Work in the UK